Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 14

Two weeks into this year-long adventure. As I began this, I started to notice and identify with the signs around me. Little gifts I was given as I walked down the path. But today's walk found me more focused on the things inside of me. I thought about each step as I took it. Each one, it's own individual success, but still a part of a much larger whole. Each step was all I had. I couldn't jump ahead and take the steps yet to come, and there was no way to go back and re-take the ones I had left behind. So while that one little step was indeed a part of a long journey, it, in itself, was the journey. Such a powerful message.

Each day I have decided to walk just a little bit farther than the day before. If I increase my distance little by little, the enormity of the 500 miles I will eventually walk doesn't seem so unreachable. Every day I get closer. And as I get closer, I sense things inside of me changing. Shifting. I find myself no longer wanting to hide behind the excuse of my fear. So even if I take just one step into that fear, just one. little. step. then today, the fear didn't win. And so I have decided to take just one little step. Just. One. Little. Step. out the open door of an airplane and into the vast unknown of freefall. It is time to find out if I can really trust that parachute to open. And if I can trust myself enough to take that step.

It truly is my Year of Leaps. My life has been waiting for me to finally let go of the fear. And let go I will.

Friday, May 18, 2012 at 5:00 pm. I'm leaping out of that plane and landing softly back on the path to continue this grand adventure called life. Wish me luck!

"I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong,
I'm movin' on,
At last I can see, life has been patiently waiting for me."
~Rascal Flatts, 'I'm Moving On'

"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly."
~Rihanna, 'Fly'

1 comment:

  1. Love your little "Baby Steps." The best part about day 14 is the fact you are starting to think about the little things on the journey!!

    ReplyDelete