Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 2

Today I pushed it too hard. It's what I do. Almost as if I am looking for a way to fail. It's the perfectionist in me. I want to do it perfectly, immediately, or not at all. I struggled with keeping my mind off of the enormity of my undertaking. In the end, I put one foot in front of the other, did my best to keep my mind in the now. And forgave myself for not being perfect. I need to quit being so hard on myself.

More power symbols along the way today. A monarch butterfly fluttered past more than once. A symbol that I will be taking a long journey. Monarchs live much longer than most other butterflies, so I'm sure there is significance there as well. And another spider. This one led me down the path for awhile. Well, only a few steps, but if you think about it, a few steps for me is equal to about 10 miles for the spider. Again, the reminder that I create my life.

I'm already feeling my first blister, so shoe and sock shopping is in the cards for tomorrow. The iPhone app for distance walked was perfect. It even calculated average pace and calories burned. Bonus! I'm burning calories. Who knew?

Today was a success.

"You are capable of anything. But if you screw it up occasionally, so be it." ~Colin Tipping

"It's the strangers in your life
That you never thought you'd meet
It's the hand that picked you up
When you're laying in the street

It's the hand that cut you down
It's the dream that someone shared
When you thought that all was lost
It's the friend that wasn't there

You can run from all the memories
But never get that far
For in the end they'll find you
For this is who you are"
~Trans-Siberian Orchestra, 'This Is Who You Are'

1 comment:

  1. 1. No such thing as pushing to hard. That's usually when the most profound thoughts come to mind.
    2. Let go of the perfectionist in you. It doesn't exist in the way you think it does. But perfection did exist today for you with the butterflies and the spider for instance. What you call perfection I call the world around us!!

    Keep it up - I can already see your transformation beginning!!!

    ReplyDelete