Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 15

Today was tough and I'm not even sure why. About a quarter of a mile into the trail, I got a dull ache in my groin area. Luckily, I was able to walk it off, but from then on, everything seemed off somehow. I really could have used a friend with some encouragement along the way. Someone to put their arm around me and assure me it would all be ok. Instead, all I had was me. And I suck at encouragement. When I got home, I sat down on the couch and cried. This time the dull ache was in my heart. Not physically, but emotionally. I have no idea where the tears came from, or why. They were just there, so I let them go. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Right after I finished with the tears and was about to write this blog, I checked Twitter. This was the first tweet I saw. Good thing Neale was "there" to motivate me.

"Good things await you on the other side of this ridge. This is a hill you can climb. Just put one foot in front of the other." ~Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment