Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 3

Mental toughness. That's what this goal requires. Even more difficult to overcome than the physical aspects of what I'm doing, is the self-doubt and the fear my mind tries to use to convince me to quit. I knew when I made the decision to start this journey, that it would challenge me in unexpected ways, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. 

I took it a little slower today, and walked a little less distance, realizing that I gave myself a year for a reason. I don't need to be ready tomorrow. As I walked, no matter how much I tried to focus on the positive, I just kept going over the things that concern me. I'm not going to list them here, because I don't want to give them extra energy.

I AM doing this. I do trust myself. I am braver than I give myself credit for. That's all for now.

Today was a success.

"The less I seek my source for something definitive, the closer I am to fine."  ~Indigo Girls, 'Closer to Fine'

1 comment:

  1. Don't look at this journey in the terms of goals and requirements. To me these words are just made up by people because we have been taught that nothing matters without results. I think later on you might find no matter what happens you accomplished so much!!!

    Remember - self-doubt is just another thing we feel. We also feel hungry, tired, etc. These terms only have power over you if you let them!!!

    Fight the fights that are worth fighting...leave the rest in your mental trash can!!!

    ReplyDelete