Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 5

No, Day 4 isn't missing. I took the day off to drive out of town for a little fun. And this Day 5 blog is a day late because all I had with me on the trip was my phone. Bet you all thought I gave up already, huh? No such luck.

Yesterday's walk included time in my favorite cemetery in Georgetown, CO. Such a beautiful cemetery, not in the traditional groomed and manicured style of cemeteries inside the city limits, but in a wild and unkempt way. Kind of like me. Well. Except maybe for the beautiful part. I was joined by three other women, with the ultimate purpose of looking for some spirits. We walked as we talked, then we talked as we walked. It was great re-connecting with an old friend while adding two more to my list. I see the Universe moving new people and things into my life which are exactly aligned with where I am. Hey! This stuff really works!

I didn't keep track of how far I walked, or my average speed, or the calories burned. I just walked for the fun and the exploration of it. Something I plan to do quite a bit of on the Camino. I don't want to push myself to such a pace that I don't have time to stop and smell the roses, or sample the wine, as the case may be. I believe the whole reason I am taking this walk is so I can really see and, more importantly, feel these places.

I just realized that Day 5 took place on the day of the Triple 5 portal. 5-5-5. May 5, 2012 (2+0+1+2=5). Five is the number of immense change. Gee, ya think? I started out this year calling it my Year of Leaps. And leap I have. Speaking of that. Leaping, that is. I'm thinking the next thing I need to do to challenge my boundaries is to leap out of an airplane. Do I have the guts to do it? Stay tuned to find out.

This decision to walk the Camino has taught me so many things about myself, but the biggest lesson I've learned is that I don't want to live my life, I want to experience my life. I want to feel it with every part of my being. And that is exactly what I plan to do.

"You don't attract into your life what you want. You attract what you are." ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Muhatma Ghandi

1 comment:

  1. The most important day on your journey so far, in my opinion. You took time off the path to enjoy yourself. Great decision!!!

    Love the fact you talk about not living but experiencing your life. That is another big step on the journey. The Dr. Wayne Dyer quote is amazing. A motto for your journey!!

    ReplyDelete