Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15, 2013

Halfway through my first month. Today I got a little homesick. Just feeling very displaced and a little lonely. In the manner of the Camino, which always provides, I found my friends Alex and Ana were here in the same city. Just what I needed. Although I only met them a few days ago, seeing them was like coming home.

We talked about some things I'm not ready to share yet, until the time comes. Their support and friendship means the world to me. I am truly lucky to count them among my friends.

After dinner, I walked over to the cathedral. It was still open, so I went in for a look around. I didn't take any pictures, partly because it just didn't feel right, but mostly because there is no way I could have done it justice. Construction began in the 15th century but wasn't completed until the 17th century. The transformation from the gothic to the renaissance was incredible. Symbolizing the move from the dark to the light. Very powerful in my own journey. As I stopped and admired the artwork and the altars, I came to the Altar de Milagres, the Altar of Miracles. I paused for a moment, then donated a euro and said a prayer. A miracle is what it will take. As I left the cathedral, a man in the plaza was playing, "What A Wonderful World" on the saxophone.

Yes, it sure is.

FYI - for those of you reading my blog, but not friends on Facebook, I'm going to open a photo sharing account so you can see my pictures along The Way. Next time I have internet service and enough time, I'll get that done and share the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment