Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013

This one will be short and sweet. Partly because I'm so tired and partly because the hotel only lets you access wifi from one device, so I'm posting from my phone. Gotta fix that tomorrow.

So far I gotta say I'm not impressed with Madrid. I'm trying not to compare it to my favorite city in the whole world, but the comparisons to Florence are everywhere. Unfortunately they're not in Madrid's favor. Even the trees have graffiti on them. The Royal Palace looks forgotten and unloved now that the royal family doesn't live there.

But I know I'm tired and tomorrow is another day, so I'm not making any final decisions yet. I will say that at this point, I feel about Madrid the way I felt about Venice. I'm glad I got to visit, just to say I've been there, but I wouldn't need to return.

All in all, today has been a good day, though. They're just gonna get better from here. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment