Monday, May 27, 2013

May 26, 2013

Last night, my friend Sandiee sent me a iMessage that she had received a message for me. Sandiee is not only a good friend, but a gifted psychic as well. Her messages for me have always been incredibly accurate and perceptive. This one was no different. Part of the message she sent me said, "Slow the pace. It will be clearly yours. It will be clearly marked." She also saw wooden objects, but she was unsure what they were.

For the past few days, I've been using new trekking poles. They'd been recommended to help me with the plantar fasciitis, and as the Camino always provides, my friend Debbie had left me hers when she finished her portion of the Camino and left for a wedding in France. The first day I tried to use them, in the way I'd been shown, it just didn't work for me. AT ALL. They made me feel like I was walking much faster than I was, as if I were in a mad race. And the constant tap tap tapping drove me crazy. I couldn't even think. Using them was destroying the peace, and the pace, of my Camino.

The second day, I tried again, allowing a more natural rhythm to just happen. Something that worked for ME. Along the way, a woman stopped me to tell me I was using them incorrectly. I thanked her and told her I was doing what worked for me, and we each continued on our way. I don't think that answered settled well with her, though.

Today as I walked with the poles, I noticed I had developed a non-traditional rhythm that just felt really good. It was more like the 3-beat gait of a slow, collected canter than the 4-beat gait of a fast, frenzied road trot. For some reason, I just knew that I was experiencing the power of 3, a very powerful number for many people for many reasons.

I walked for awhile, just enjoying the feeling of rhythm and power it gave to my walk. Soon it was time to stop for breakfast. To "slow the pace". I sat down on a bench under a tree and pondered the fact that I was eating breakfast somewhere in the middle of Spain! How amazing is that! I offered my gratitude for this life-changing experience and for the many signs and messages I had received. As I stood up to leave, I noticed the tree trunk next to me, "the wooden object". In the bark was a perfectly formed 3. It was "clearly marked". I may not be doing it right, but I'm doing it my way. And that is "clearly mine".

Thanks for the confirmation in advance, Sandiee!


 


1 comment:

  1. Only God could give you the power of three! JM

    ReplyDelete