Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013

New beginnings! I don't have a lot of time to write, but I couldn't let this day go by without posting something. In about 30 minutes, I'm headed to the airport to officially begin my grand adventure. To be honest, I'm not sure how to describe what I'm feeling. I'm excited, nervous and a little teary-eyed. I've felt the support from so many of you over the past year, but yesterday and today have been amazing. So many of you wishing me a Buen Camino in a hundred different ways. Thank you for that!

 I'm beginning my journey with another example of the Universe's sense of humor. We are having one of those heavy, wet spring snowstorms. When I woke up this morning, I started worrying. What if my plane is delayed? What if I miss my connection in Dallas? What if I get bumped and have to sit in a middle seat all the way to Madrid? What if, what if, what if? Then I realized that worrying wasn't going to change the weather. Everything will be just fine. Whatever happens, happens. The snow can't last forever. I will be taken care of.

And with that, I have to go. I am off on the adventure of a lifetime and I'm taking you all with me in spirit. My next post on this blog will be from Madrid! Can you believe it?

Hasta luego!

2 comments: