Friday, May 10, 2013

May 9, 2013

Today was an easy day into the outskirts of Pamplona. I'm staying at a very nice hotel in Villava which offers a great rate to pilgrims on the Camino. I am ready to relax and take it easy, hoping to get my strength back. I had a croissant for breakfast, and nothing for lunch. My pants are beginning to fall off no matter how tightly I tie them. I do need to get my appetite back because my body desperately needs fuel for energy.

After a long afternoon nap, I got dressed in my non-pilgrim clothes and went into the city center of Pamplona to meet Alex and Anna for dinner. They are an amazing couple from Portugal, who I met at Orrison, while drinking wine on the patio. They are such positive people, and have traveled the world already at a young age. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. Dinner was beautiful, with delicious food (yes, I ate a lot!) and inspiring conversation. They made me cry when Anna told me that they had talked about it, and of all the people they thought deserved to make it to Santiago, it was me. It still brings tears to my eyes to type this. It meant so much. They said, they just felt I wanted it the most. I found that interesting, since I have been questioning whether or not I wanted it anymore. It was just what I needed to hear, and a reminder that, yes indeed, I do want it. My short time with them  re-energized my desire. For that I'll be eternally grateful.

After dinner, not knowing if our paths would cross again on this journey, we hugged and said "See you later" and that was that. The letting go and the receiving and the letting go again are very quick here on the Camino. I'll have to get used to that. But one thing never changes. I am always moving onward. ¡Ultreya!

No comments:

Post a Comment